Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Never buy clothing made of Angora wool!

I would like to persuade you all to stop buying clothing items made of Angora wool. I knew Angora wool came from a rabbit, and I always assumed they got it by simply shaving the rabbit or cutting it off in a humane way. Never have I been so wrong. 90% of the world production of Angora wool comes from China, where they obtain it by plucking the hair aggressively out of the rabbit. The rabbit is tied up to a table, screaming, fully aware of what is happening and in a great deal of pain. Afterwards they place them back into their cage (while the animal is in shock). The rabbits go through this horrifying proces every three months for a period of approximately two to five years. If this doesn't convince you, I sincerely suggest you watch the following clip:



Don't support this cruelty. 
Stop buying items made of Angora wool.



No comments:

Post a Comment